(NC) One of the most powerful and effective kitchen cleaners available today can already be found in most households. The mystery cleaner is baking soda.
With a multitude of uses throughout the home, some of us may have forgotten that baking soda is also a powerful cleaning agent that is inexpensive, and safe for the whole family when used as directed. Here are some useful ways to make it work for you:
• Instead of harsh chemical cleaners, use baking soda as a natural and food-safe surface cleanser on your kitchen counters. Sprinkle it onto a damp sponge or cloth to wipe surfaces clean.
• An effective cleaner on tough coffee and tea stains, baking soda when paired with warm water can be used to thoroughly clean coffee makers, mugs and tea cups. Remember to rinse well.
• To help cut through grease on dishes, pots and pans, add 30 grams of baking soda (along with your regular detergent) to your dishwater. Let it soak for 15 minutes and then clean.
• To help keep your fridge and kitchen smelling fresh, Arm and Hammer Fridge Fresh conveniently stick to the inside of the refrigerator. The filters feature baking soda which destroys strong odours in the fridge to help foods taste fresher longer.
• Baking soda is a food-safe way to clean dirt and residue off fresh fruit and vegetables. Just sprinkle a little on a vegetable brush or a clean damp sponge, scrub and rinse with water to enjoy.
More information is available at www.armandhammerbakingsoda.ca.
Courtesy of Newscanada