(NC)-Just because its cold outdoors, doesn't mean you can't enjoy summer flavours. To start a busy weekday morning or for a healthy afternoon snack, here is a recipe for a nutritious tropical peach breeze smoothie. Offering a twist to classic smoothies, this delicious drink features nutmeg, ginger and coconut water.
Tropical Peach Breeze Smoothie:
• 1 (14 oz/398 mL) can California Cling Peaches in fruit juices from concentrate
• 1/2 cup (125 mL) coconut water or plain or vanilla almond milk
• 1/2 cup (125 mL) Greek vanilla, honey or peach yogurt, preferably 0%
• 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
• 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ginger
• 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) nutmeg
• Honey or agave syrup (optional)
Preperation time: 5 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
• Drain peaches reserving 2 tbsp (30 mL) juice.
• Place peaches, reserved peach juice, coconut water or almond milk, yogurt, vanilla, ginger and nutmeg in a blender. Blend until smooth. If you wish, sweeten with honey or agave syrup.
Makes 2 smoothies.
For more recipes, please visit www.calclingpeach.ca